Friday, September 25, 2009

i surprised myself for being philosophical

i browsed a friend's blog just now and it got me thinking. he asked his mom when's the right time to get married and his mom simply replied "don't ask me, ask your bank account". that is so true but it seems that the trend of people getting married now is just too different from my friend's statement. i've seen so many couples getting married cuz of "accidents" and i'm sure you're well aware of the meaning. this so called "accidents" happened too often that people believed a joke a cousin of mine made. he told our friends that i have a daughter, which is nonexistent, with a girl that i met when i was doing my part time job long ago, which was also made up. my cousin exaggerated the story that i didn't take full responsibility cuz i haven't finished my studies and still can't put food on the table thus making people believe when i graduate and get a job i'll finally settle down with my "spouse and daughter". i played along with my cousin and nobody noticed that we made it up, but they sure are nice people, they even gave me moral support! i was touched believe it or not, but of course i do feel guilty for playing along with such prank. the gift of life is so beautiful but it is difficult to take care of. if experienced parents can admit it's hard to take care of the gift of life, imagine those who are not mentally ready to take on the responsibility. i'm not against the idea of getting married after being knocked up, i just think it's not wise to do so. if the "excitement" is too great to suppress, take initiative to do it "safely" so that the chance to enjoy youth, the time to plan life and other more important stuff doesn't go up in smoke, unless of course, your wallet is overflowing with $$$. this is just my view, maybe it's not such a bad idea to be tied down early. lol



cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment